Old October 4th 15, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default TfL Taxi Consultation to "kill" Uber

On 03/10/2015 13:08, tim..... wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 01/10/2015 18:53, tim..... wrote:

tim

There is nothing in the London Cab Acts or the Town Police Clauses Act
which prevents passengers from teaming up for a joint-hiring. AAMOF,
they do it all the time.

That's no bloody use to a solo traveller arriving at an airport (off a
plane)

I've done it in Sofia (which meant I only got a /bit/ ripped off
compared to getting in a taxi without someone with local knowledge...)
and somewhere else I've forgotten.

I suggested it to someone in the queue^H^H line with me at a US airport
who was getting off the same flight to go to the same hotel for the same
conference, but she clearly thought I was mad and quite possibly an
ax(e)-murderer and so we joined the convoy of one-passenger cars heading
into town.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK