Old October 4th 15, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bryan Morris Bryan Morris is offline

Default The Film Death Line - What Stations?

In message , James Heaton
writes

I was using AltaVista at that time, I switched to Google on the
recommendation of a uni IT officer. This would have been at the start
of my 2nd spell at UEA, so Sep-Oct 2000.

James

Infoseek late 90s
I remember telling my daughters about search engines "it's not what you
seek it's how you seek it". It's much easier now but then if one just
typed in the item you wanted you didn't always get the results you were
looking for.

DejaNews was invaluable too. Was worried when Google bought it.
--
Bryan Morris
Public Key http://www.pgp.uk.demon.net - 0xCC6237E9