Old October 5th 15, 11:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JNugent[_5_] JNugent[_5_] is offline

Default TfL Taxi Consultation to "kill" Uber

On 05/10/2015 21:01, tim..... wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 05/10/2015 18:41, tim..... wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 05/10/2015 09:18, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 10/4/2015 2:10 PM, JNugent wrote:
On 03/10/2015 09:07, Someone Somewhere wrote:
Seriously?

Because a taxi is - in its very essence - a *private* space which
can be
hired by the passenger to the exclusion of others. It is not a bus.
If a
bus is what is wanted, buses are available.

What? There's a bus that takes me from Heathrow to outside my
house in
Shadwell?

Provided you're willing to change a few times, yes.

More times than the TfL planner can cope with to get outside my house.

That's a problem you have with buses. Not everyone has it.

The fact that you do is not a good reason for disrupting the
legitimate livelihood of others.

How is my saying "if you wont provide a legitimate way of my sharing a
cab (on an ad hoch basis with someone that I don't know), I wont be
using a cab at all" an attack on a legitimate business

Was that a question?

I'll assume that it was a question.

Your saying anything at all on usenet is not an attack on a legitimate
business. Or at least, not one worth the name.

It is the proposed de-regulation of the licensed taxi trade and the
proposed relaxation of controls on pirate cars which would disrupt the
legitimate livelihood of others.

I explaining to them how they can get business that they have otherwise
lost

Who is "them"?

cabbies

And how do you propose to "explaining" this to cabbies?

And for a bonus point, why should they pay you any attention?

The history of the last 55 years or so is littered with people who
wanted to disrupt the taxi industry, always for selfish reasons.