Old October 6th 15, 02:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Denis McMahon[_4_] Denis McMahon[_4_] is offline

Default TfL Taxi Consultation to "kill" Uber

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:20:37 +0100, JNugent wrote:

The law is clear.

(c) the operator (presumably Über) establishes a base within Greater
London and submits to the appropriate licensing regime, thereafter
complying with the requirements for record-keeping, etc.

Does this mean that it's unlawful for a private hire company based
outside of London to accept a booking for a journey starting in London?

For example, I am going to some place abroad on holiday, flying from LHR.
I book a local private hire company to where I live to (a) take me to the
airport to catch my flight and (b) collect me from the airport on my
return.

You seem to be suggesting that the second journey is illegal.

If LHR is a special case, substitute St Pancras International. Or even
staying in a central London Hotel for a few days.

--
Denis McMahon,