Old May 3rd 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Keith J Chesworth Keith J Chesworth is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

On 29 Apr 2004 11:00:49 GMT, Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article m, Martin Underwood wrote:

One thing that most people do manage to get right is the
stand-on-the-right-overtake-on-the-left rule on escalators on the
Underground. If only they would do the same on escalators in shops instead
of standing side-by-side blocking the whole width.

Indeed. Another thing most people get right is letting people off the
train before trying to get on.

Most of those who don't get this right (seems to be more common on NR
than on the Underground) seem to be teenagers, and some even have the
gall to be offended when I insist on getting off first.

Niklas

MOst of them seem to be a bit surprised when I get off first and they
end up near flat on their backs. 20 stone(ish) does help to clear a
path

Keith J Chesworth
www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk