Old October 7th 15, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Taxis

On 10/7/2015 1:01 PM, wrote:
On 07.10.15 9:07, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 10/6/2015 8:57 PM, Clank wrote:

So, anyway, the question part - I use SpeedTaxi's app to get properly
licensed cabs from a company I trust with the convenience of Uber. Is
there a reason black-cab drivers in London couldn't come up with the
same
thing? The convenience of Uber, but the reassurance you'd be getting a
'real' cab?

But at 25p/KM?

Part of the problem is that people feel black cabs are bad value, which
if you use the TfL fare scale says that for a journey of 1 mile the
costs are roughly £4.50 per KM

I've also found that many drivers of the balck cabs seem to have a
rather large chip on their shoulder/bad attitude/persecution complex.

I've seen and heard of cases where a few of them have become verbally or
even physically abusive.

I also tend to find Uber cars cleaner than your average black cab.

The two way review system also works very well for both parties.