Old October 7th 15, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Taxis

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 08:16:01PM +0000, Recliner wrote:
Clank wrote:
So, anyway, the question part - I use SpeedTaxi's app to get properly
licensed cabs from a company I trust with the convenience of Uber. Is
there a reason black-cab drivers in London couldn't come up with the same
thing? The convenience of Uber, but the reassurance you'd be getting a
'real' cab?

They did:
https://www.hailoapp.com

I just tried to use them to book a cab from home to work. Earliest
available pickup is in one hour and five minutes.

Uber? My experience is that they'd have someone there in well under ten
minutes.

So yeah, they tried. The trouble with black cabs isn't technology, it's
that they concentrate on inner London instead of providing a universal
service.

Today's previously unreported paraphilia is tomorrow's Internet sensation