Old October 9th 15, 05:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Denis McMahon[_4_] Denis McMahon[_4_] is offline

Default TfL Taxi Consultation to "kill" Uber

On Tue, 06 Oct 2015 16:49:57 +0100, JNugent wrote:

For example, I am going to some place abroad on holiday, flying from
LHR.
I book a local private hire company to where I live to (a) take me to
the airport to catch my flight and (b) collect me from the airport on
my return.

You seem to be suggesting that the second journey is illegal.

Do I?

You appeared to be suggesting that a private hire operator making a pick
up in London needed to be London based.

Here's some other (and not uncommon, I know a people who do these)
scenarios.

Person living in Eastleigh or Southampton engages a Winchester or
Basingstoke private hire operator for journeys between Eastleigh or
Southampton and LHR.

People living in Havant using a Portsmouth private hire operator for
travel to Fareham, Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester.

--
Denis McMahon,