Old October 9th 15, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default (London) Underground Heritage by Antony Badsey Ellis

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:27:38 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

It's about three years old, but I just discovered it. What a beautiful
book! I haven't read the text yet, but so many great pictures of
everything from ventilation grilles to tiling patterns to canopy
supports and valences. I actually bought it, and I think it's about 10
years since I last gave money to the enthusiasm industry, so that's how
impressive it is!

Thanks for the Heads Up. I am checking it out on Amazon, as a possible
purchase.

Until recently one of the few things I would have said in TfL's (LTPB,
LT, LRT) favor was the careful cultivation of their corporate image
and the guarding of their heritage. Sadly, recently I have seen
examples to counter that view.

Clapham North, Leicester Square, and Great Portland Street to name a
few stations. These are less and attractive, and less user friendly,
than they were thirty years back.

Just the same TfL is custodian of some magnificent structures.