Old October 9th 15, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Clapham Junction Pink Oyster Reader

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 09/10/2015 14:16,
wrote:

In article ,
()
wrote:

On 09.10.15 9:09, Kerry Hawkins wrote:
Hello

I want to travel to Canary Warf from Worcester Park using the London
Overground from Clapham Junction.

I will touch in at Worcester Park but do I have to touch the pink
reader at Clapham Junction before I get on the Overground...?

Thanks for your help.

I would.

Assuming the OP changes from Overground to Jubilee at Canada Water then
definitely touch any passing pink readers. You need to touch to show you
haven't used a route via Zone 1 if the normal route goes that way.

You only need to touch the pink readers shown on the single fare
finder to benefit from the lower non-z1 fare.

Touching on any others won't do any harm, but it doesn't have any
effect either. In other words, no need to "definitely touch any
passing pink readers".

And yes, the reality matches what I've just said!

The trouble is that most people haven't looked at the Single Fare Finder
before travelling. So the advice to touch every pink reader is a belts and
braces approach which can't go wrong.

--
Colin Rosenstiel