Old October 10th 15, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Clapham Junction Pink Oyster Reader

In article ,
(Walter Briscoe) wrote:

In message of Fri, 9 Oct
2015 18:42:16 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes
On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:09:29 +0200, Kerry Hawkins
wrote:

Hello

I want to travel to Canary Warf from Worcester Park using the London
Overground from Clapham Junction.

I will touch in at Worcester Park but do I have to touch the pink reader
at Clapham Junction before I get on the Overground...?

Thanks for your help.

Please check your journey in the TfL Single Fare Finder. That
specifies the default route - first one on the list and usually via
Zone 1 - and then will list alternatives.

You must ONLY touch your Oyster Card / Contactless Card at the points
specified by TfL to benefit from a lower fare.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...?From=Worceste
r+Park+Rail+Station&FromId=910GWRCSTRP&To=Canary+W harf+Underground+Station&To
Id=940GZZLUCYF&PassengerType=Adult

In this case that is "in" at Worcester Park, "pink" at Canada Water
and "out" at Canary Wharf LU station.

The pink validators are at Overground platform level near the
escalators down to the Jubilee Line.

Helpful as ever, Paul!
I could not remember the location of the Canada Water pink validators.

One unhelpful thing, is that pink validator touches do not show on
Passenger Operated Machines. They do appear in online statements.
Colin Rosentiel was misinformed, when told printed statements can be
produced by POMs - even with staff intervention, unless the staff in
King's Cross are misinformed or undertrained.

I wasn't told that by station staff but in an email from TfL Customer
Services when I asked how I was going to obtain such vital data without
ticket offices. I was given considerable detail, including which stations
would be the first to get the necessary new machines back in April:

Dear Mr Rosenstiel
Thank you for your email dated 17 March regarding the ticket machines
to be operated by staff at our stations when the ticket offices close.
These ticket machines will be able to carry out these functions.
They are currently being installed at stations and the first ones
will be available within the next two months. The first stations to
receive the machines will be Chigwell, Embankment, Roding Valley,
Shepherd's Bush, South Wimbledon, Temple, Theydon Bois and Upminster
Bridge. They should be available at all stations by December this
year.

--
Colin Rosenstiel