Old October 11th 15, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Clapham Junction Pink Oyster Reader

On 09/10/2015 18:42, Paul Corfield wrote:
Please check your journey in the TfL Single Fare Finder. That
specifies the default route - first one on the list and usually via
Zone 1 - and then will list alternatives.

You must ONLY touch your Oyster Card / Contactless Card at the points
specified by TfL to benefit from a lower fare.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...ngerType=Adult

Thanks for telling us about the mobile version of the single fare
finder. SO I've just tried it on a sample journey and I'm not impressed.

My sample journey was one I actually do from time to time: King's Cross
St Pancras to Richmond (Surrey). It tells me the three options a

Oyster
peak £3.90 off-peak £2-80
(But no route is specified, does that mean using London Underground all
the way? I've no idea. And does "Oyster" imply London Underground
only, that implication is not spelled out, and does not seem very
logical now that Oyster cards are valid on a much greater variety of
trains).

Changing at Waterloo or Victoria and Clapham Junction:
Peak £5.40, off-peak £4.20

Changing at Vauxhall
Peak £5.00 off-peak £4.20

So if my assumptions are right it costs more to mix NR and TfL trains,
but why are the two off-peak fares the same but peak fares different?
Baffling.

Then the route I might well take is Thameslink to West Hampstead and
then West Hampstead Overground to Richmond. That route isn't likely to
take any longer than using the District Line to Richmond but it isn't
listed at all, so I have no idea what fare would be charged. Not only
that I don't know how to find out.

--
Clive Page