Old October 11th 15, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Clapham Junction Pink Oyster Reader

On 11/10/2015 13:12, wrote:
In article ,
(Clive Page)
Then the route I might well take is Thameslink to West Hampstead and
then West Hampstead Overground to Richmond. That route isn't likely
to take any longer than using the District Line to Richmond but it
isn't listed at all, so I have no idea what fare would be charged.
Not only that I don't know how to find out.

It wouldn't be because you're starting in Zone 1. So there can't be a fare
avoiding Zone 1. You could try combining Kings Cross to West Hampstead and
West Hampstead to Richmond but you will have difficulty persuading the
Oyster system not to continue your journey from King's Cross when you
re-enter at West Hampstead. Maybe use 2 different cards though if you have a
railcard registered on Oyster that won't work as you can only register 1
card AIUI.

Sorry I don't follow you at all. I wasn't trying to get a fare avoiding
zone 1 obviously, as KX/St.P is in zone 1. But I would like a way of
finding what I would be charged if I use that route, which seems to me
to be quite s reasonable onr. I'm sure it can be done on an Oyster card
as a single trip, as the connection between West Hampstead Thameslink to
West Hampstead Overground is one generally accepted by routeing and fare
engines.

--
Clive Page