Old October 11th 15, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Clapham Junction Pink Oyster Reader

In article , (Clive Page)
wrote:

On 11/10/2015 13:12,
wrote:
In article ,

(Clive Page)
Then the route I might well take is Thameslink to West Hampstead and
then West Hampstead Overground to Richmond. That route isn't likely
to take any longer than using the District Line to Richmond but it
isn't listed at all, so I have no idea what fare would be charged.
Not only that I don't know how to find out.

It wouldn't be because you're starting in Zone 1. So there can't be a
fare avoiding Zone 1. You could try combining Kings Cross to West
Hampstead and West Hampstead to Richmond but you will have difficulty
persuading the Oyster system not to continue your journey from King's
Cross when you re-enter at West Hampstead. Maybe use 2 different cards
though if you have a railcard registered on Oyster that won't work as
you can only register 1 card AIUI.

Sorry I don't follow you at all. I wasn't trying to get a fare
avoiding zone 1 obviously, as KX/St.P is in zone 1. But I would like
a way of finding what I would be charged if I use that route, which
seems to me to be quite s reasonable onr. I'm sure it can be done on
an Oyster card as a single trip, as the connection between West
Hampstead Thameslink to West Hampstead Overground is one generally
accepted by routeing and fare engines.

I think that is a valid route for the one fare given. Richmond is in Zone 4.
That route doesn't go further out than Zone 4.

--
Colin Rosenstiel