Old October 12th 15, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Taxis

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 06:35:24PM +0100, Mizter T wrote:

Kabbee meanwhile is an umbrella app for minicab firms that chose to join
- a bit of a push back against Uber from the established minicab
industry. That said, a fair number of minicab firms have their own apps.

And none of those apps do much business. I've said it many times but it
bears repeating - if I'm in some random suburb I don't know what the
local minicab company is. If I don't know who they are then I don't know
whose app to search for just like I don't know who to phone.

Also, if I'm in some random suburb it obviously doesn't make sense to
contact a non-local minicab company, because they are highly unlikely to
have a driver nearby.

Uber (and perhaps Kabbee, I've never tried it) is clearly superior on
both counts.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

We found no search results for "crotchet". Did you mean "crotch"?