Old October 16th 15, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Uber app is not a taximeter

In message , at 11:36:39 on Fri, 16 Oct
2015, Someone Somewhere remarked:
According to various reports on the High Court ruling this morning
including:

"The court had been asked to decide whether the company's smartphones
were considered meters, which are outlawed for private hire vehicles."

Do they mean "in London"?

Private hire vehicles in Cambridge have meters, as do the ones in Notts.

Are you in some way incentivised to ensure that Cambridge and/or Notts
are mentioned as soon as possible in any thread?

No, but I make it a general rule to only post about things which I have
direct personal experience of, and therefore for some subjects a
built-in bias towards places I live, or have recently lived, tends to
arise.