Old October 16th 15, 12:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Overground signage

On 2015\10\16 12:42, wrote:
On 16.10.15 0:27, Basil Jet wrote:

I notice that Southbury station, on the line to Cheshunt which the
Overground took over a few months ago, has a new back-to-back roundel on
the front of the station. It looks a bit like this

but without the stalk, so it's just sticking out from the side of the
building. It's orange and blue and has OVERGROUND (or is it Overground?)
written in a noticeably larger font than this one, and it looks rather
splendid. I don't think I've ever seen one on any of the other
Overground lines. It's not lit yet, and neither is the flat roundel on
the bridge at Theobald's Grove, which has had a wire to nowhere hanging
down from it for about a month now.

I can't remember if I posted this a few weeks ago, but my spirit soars
every time I see a train in Overground livery passing over a bridge.
Something about that orange is just great. London Transport missed a
trick when they picked red as their colour.

My favourite Overground roundel is at Shoreditch High Street,
approaching from the south side at night; The illiuminated roundel, high
up against a black background, is quite a site.

Google shows that they have the back-to-back roundels at Hoxton and
Dalston Junction too. Any on the WLL or NLL, or south of the river?