Old October 16th 15, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Uber app is not a taximeter

Robin9 wrote:

One thought which has not been aired anywhere to my knowledge
should not be totally ignored: Google is a major invester in Uber.
Google has invented software which can make a vehicle move
without a driver. Who would buy such a vehicle? Not I. I enjoy
driving and have zero interest in owning a driverless car. So, to
whom do Google expect to sell this driverless vehicle? How about
Uber? No need to pay the drivers anything! All revenue retained by
Uber! How very attractive! Google aren't fools. They had a good
reason for investing in Uber.

I think using Google cars as self-driving minicabs was always a stated aim.