Old July 20th 03, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default the quest for safety

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:40:25 +0100, Clive
wrote:

A few years ago I was done for not obeying fixed signals. My front
wheels were about 18 inches over the white line, when I contested in
court that I hadn't gone through the junction, I was pointedly asked,
"Did my front wheels go over the line", to which I had to answer yes,

Sorry, I wouldn't even have bothered contesting it. At least with
speeding you have to be doing significantly over the limit before you
get done - with traffic lights there's a line in the sand.

Guy
===
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk: Respectable rules for responsible people