Old October 19th 15, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default how to load National Railcard on Oyster card

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
04:26:48 on Mon, 19 Oct 2015,
remarked:
http://www.perry.co.uk/images/stp-western-queue.jpg

With only two, or possibly three, machines; on the far right.

That picture is not clear to me

In the middle distance are four windows, each with a ?pink light
above them. There's a single queue using a classic blue-tape zigzag.

In the foreground running from right to left are two separate ad-hoc
queues for ticket machines (which are themselves just out of shot).

What I'm not sure about is whether there's a third machine just in
shot, with a group of ladies and a girl with a pigtail milling around
in front.

but I think there were more than 2 or 3 machines. I didn't get that
close to the machines.

My recollection of the current configuration is also not clear, Roland.
If they have indeed moved all the machines to one side of the gateline
that is hardly convenient to people coming from King's Cross/Euston Road
rather than St Pancras who all now have to walk past the gateline to
access any ticket machines.

Those from Kings Cross will have walked past machines in the original
ticket hall. Almost no-one enters the Western ticket hall from the
street outside. In any case, it's only a few mote feet, and if we are
to have foot patrols by helpers, isn't it better to have all the
machines close to each other.

Not if they followed the signage on the square to the entrances near Euston
Road either side of the junction with Pancras Road.

--
Colin Rosenstiel