Old October 19th 15, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Goblin electrification

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 07:49:33 +0100, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

On 17/10/2015 15:38, Paul Corfield wrote:
That's a wee bit earlier than I expected but is a clear sign
that the dreaded "pause" word doesn't seem to affect GOBLIN
electrification.

I thought the bits that had been paused had now been unpaused anyway?

Well the schemes are delayed and the revised dates are very broad
push. We also do not know what has been binned and what has been
postponed across the country so that NR can live within its £38.5bn
CP5 budget.

The GOBLIN electrification is not a formal HLOS scheme - it's an
extra. It was unclear, given no announcements at all, whether it had
been caught by the "pause", "review" process at Network Rail or
whether it had a life of its own. Thankfully it seems it has a life of
its own outside the clutches of the "pause".

And, as Uncle Roger writes today, the Transpennine electrification was very
rightly paused so they could scope a total route modernisation properly
rather than set the present limited route in concrete.

--
Colin Rosenstiel