Old October 20th 15, 06:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default how to load National Railcard on Oyster card

In message , at 19:01:42
on Mon, 19 Oct 2015, remarked:
My recollection of the current configuration is also not clear,
Roland. If they have indeed moved all the machines to one side of
the gateline that is hardly convenient to people coming from King's
Cross/Euston Road rather than St Pancras who all now have to walk
past the gateline to access any ticket machines.

Those from Kings Cross will have walked past machines in the
original ticket hall. Almost no-one enters the Western ticket hall
from the street outside. In any case, it's only a few mote feet, and
if we are to have foot patrols by helpers, isn't it better to have
all the machines close to each other.

Not if they followed the signage on the square to the entrances near
Euston Road either side of the junction with Pancras Road.

None of them do. Everyone makes straight for the entrance closest to
the main shed. And if they enter by the eastern of those two, the
ticket machines are almost straight ahead of them when they get to
concourse level.

Not my observation, especially from platforms 9-11.

They'll head for the Northern ticket hall (lots of machines) then
down the corridor to the original ticket hall (lots of machines) if
going towards the subsurface TfL station.

Not if they have any sense they won't. The only escalator seems to be
up-only.

It's supposed to be tidal-flow.

As easy to walk down Pancras Road.

Depends on the weather - I'd walk inside.