Old May 4th 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Station To Station

On Tue, 4 May 2004 at 19:29:44, Ian Tindale wrote:

Okay, related to 'What to see on the tube', but a specific subthread of:
From which DLR/LU stations can you see other stations from the platforms?

And, if there's a successive run of them in any cases, I wonder what's the
longest journey of these you can have?

You can see Surrey Quays and Rotherhithe from Canada Water. And on the
DLR you can see West India Quay from Poplar (especially going East), and
All Saints (but that's actually just past Poplar, so probably doesn't
count). You can also see Canary Wharf (and, presumably, Poplar) from
West India Quay, and I think you can see it from Heron Quays as well,
although I'd not swear to that.

You can certainly see East India and Blackwall from each other. And I
think you can *just* see Shadwell from Tower Gateway, although I'd not
swear to it.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004