Old October 24th 15, 01:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Destination blind

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 22:04:40 +0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:

Thanks. It's a shame it doesn't just display the destination, in green,
yellow or pink.

Yes, that would be a clear improvement. I've seen multicolour destination
boards on trams in other countries.

Provided you can actually distinguish the colours and understand their
use. A pointless change, for some, if you can't tell the colours
apart or get them confused.

Surely one colour and the train saying / displaying the name of the
line it is working is the more inclusive and sensible option? Perhaps
that's why things are done that way?

The name of the line isn't enough. You need the actual destination,
particularly with the District or Met lines. I would have thought that
white text on an appropriate colour background would be best.