Old October 24th 15, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default how to load National Railcard on Oyster card

Just to report success.

Yesterday, after touring 3 underground ticket halls at King's Cross
St.Pancras I found one with only a short queue and then found a member
of staff prowling. He easily keyed in some personal number on a ticket
machine and added the discount to my Oyster card almost instantly. I
was slightly surprised, as given that the facility is so very badly
advertised both by the National Rail and TfL authorities, I rather
expected that nobody much but me had ever wanted to to this.

In fact, as it happens, I had bought a new Railcard with 3-year validity
but he told me their system could at most add two years of discounts to
an Oyster Card, so now I have to remember to do same thing again in
October 2017, not Oct 2018 when the Railcard itself expires.

Some lack of joined up thinking there, if he was correct.

--
Clive Page