Old October 27th 15, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default 10,000 homes to be built on TfL stations, depots and goods yards

On 27/10/2015 21:53, Recliner wrote:

Robin9 wrote:
[...]
A few weeks ago Venessa Feltz interviewed all the main hopefuls
seeking to be adopted by their party as the candidate for Mayor.
The interviews were spread over several weeks. All the candidates
said that housing was their number one priority and that they would
use public land held by TfL. Not one of them had anything more specific
to offer and certainly neither the Labour nor Tory candidate quantified
their housing ambition.

As I agree that housing is by far the biggest problem facing London,
I'd like to know how many homes could be built on TfL-owned land.

That's the only land directly under mayoral control, but there's plenty of
other brownfield land.

Well, there's GLA Land and Property (inc. ex LDA land, and London HCA
land), plus MPS and LFEPA land.

For example, lots of former petrol station sites are now blocks of flats,
and numerous office blocks have been converted to residential use. Other
government-owned land is also being released. And ingenious developers
manage to squeeze new homes into back gardens.