Old October 29th 15, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Consequences of ticket office closures, part 94

On 28/10/2015 22:41, wrote:

In article ,
(Mizter T) wrote:
[...]
Thanks. I would have expected well trained staff to have told me
something like that. It's a pity that gate displays just don't show
the time.

I don't think it'd be a great idea to advertise the 'window of
forgiveness', as it'd rather lose its meaning if so.

Using a watch or mobile - many of which will take the time from the
network - is fair enough, if you want to avail of the cheaper fares.
I imagine there may well be a clock somewhere in the ticket hall - if
not, the time is displayed on the main concourse at Liverpool St.

I was not confident that the clock used by the gateline was correct. I
must obviously be more suspicious than you.

Paranoid, you mean?

Oyster validators (fixed ones, at stations/tramstops) are more or less
'online' these days. I think it's kinda absurd to reckon they have the
time wrong (at least more than a few seconds, though I doubt that too).