Old November 1st 15, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default London Crossrail 2 consultation

On 2015\11\01 20:56, Charles Ellson wrote:
On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 10:26:24 +0000, e27002 aurora
wrote:

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 10:09:45 AM UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\10\30 23:28, Robin9 wrote:

I note that there seems to be no provision to create an interchange
with the Barking/Gospel Oak service even though the suggested route
pretty well passes under South Tottenham station. I assume whoever
created this plan is aware that the Overground service is growing fast
but needs to provide more opportunities to change to other routes?

The Seven Sisters station will have "A new southern ticket hall and
entrance onto the High Road/Ermine Road.. A dedicated link between South
Tottenham and the new southern ticket hall".

But at Tottenham Hale it seems that there will be no interchange with
the Goblin, even though a 250m platform would stretch from the current
station to the Goblin line, if they built it south of the road instead
of north.

That would in practice be re/building two new stations not just
extending a couple of platforms. Also, the distance from Tottenham
Hale to the bridge over GOBLIN is about twice that given above so
there would still be a couple of hundred yards for interchanging
passengers to walk between platforms extended south from Tottenham
Hale to a new station on GOBLIN.

You're right, it looks to be about 450 metres. I appear to have measured
it rather inaccurately.