Old November 5th 15, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Old People & Front Doors on Buses

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 10:38:21 UTC, Robin wrote:
Offramp wrote:

Why do old people only want to use the front doors for both?

What is your evidence for that statement?

http://documents.worldbank.org/curat...republic-congo
Page 42.

There are of course some old people who do exit at the front but that is
not surprising to me as (a) they may have spent very many years on buses
where that was the only option and (b) if seated at the front they find
that by far the easier and quicker route when using the middle doors so
often means negotiating buggies, shopping trollies and standing
passengers whose attention is 100% on their phones.

My experience is that no matter where in the front section of the bus the oldie is seated, and no matter what the congestion is like in the centre of the bus, the miscreant will always use the front door, creating the possibility of a Heysel-stadium-like disaster.