Old November 5th 15, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Guy Gorton[_3_] Guy Gorton[_3_] is offline

Default Old People & Front Doors on Buses

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 08:33:54 -0800 (PST), Offramp
wrote:

On Thursday, 5 November 2015 15:41:04 UTC, Richard J. wrote:

The OP's obvious exaggeration doesn't help his case.

"We are meant to board buses by the front door and alight by the centre doors.

Why do old people only want to use the front doors for both?

The facility of egress would seem identical."

I can't see any exaggeration there.

In a sense, you are right. I have no doubt it happens, much to your
disgust. But most of the responses have been about why it happens,
not about denying your assertion. The only part of your diatribe that
can be challenged is that the facililty of egress seems identical.
You now have plenty of evidence that your assumption is incorrect - at
least in the perception of the elderly, among whom I am happy to be
counted..

Guy Gorton