Old November 10th 15, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Bank Station, and orbital railways

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:28:59 +0000
Recliner wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 11:25:39 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:45:55 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:34:41 +0000 (UTC),
d wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:40:20 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
The rebuild will add a huge amount of extra circulation space and much
faster egress routes to the street. This will aid evacuation and
reduce the time to get people out in an emergency.

I wonder if they'll "unwind" the tunnels and revert Bank to left hand

running?

That's not in the plan. I went to see the exhibition at the time and
looked at the cut away models they'd done to show how it all fits
together.

Odd. I'd have thought that an obvious thing to do to speed up the service
since it crawls around the bends going south.

London Bridge also has right-hand running.

Is it? Fair enough, I thought it was just Bank.

--
Spud