Old November 11th 15, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Bank Station, and orbital railways

On 10.11.15 21:10, Peter Smyth wrote:
d wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:45:55 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:34:41 +0000 (UTC),
d wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:40:20 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
The rebuild will add a huge amount of extra circulation space
and much faster egress routes to the street. This will aid
evacuation and reduce the time to get people out in an
emergency.

I wonder if they'll "unwind" the tunnels and revert Bank to left
hand running?

That's not in the plan. I went to see the exhibition at the time and
looked at the cut away models they'd done to show how it all fits
together.

Odd. I'd have thought that an obvious thing to do to speed up the
service since it crawls around the bends going south.

That would require much more tunnelling. I believe the plan is that
Nortbound trains will be able to run non-stop through Bank as normal
during the works, while all Southbound trains will run via Charing
Cross.

Peter Smyth

Where is the exhibition, BTW?