Old May 5th 04, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Haines John Haines is offline

Default Time for Zero Tolerance?

In article ,
Jason wrote:
On Tue, 4 May 2004 09:27:32 +0100, Kat
wrote:

Especially concerning "Intoxication and possession of intoxicating
liquor"

Has LUL ever given notice under section 4.2 that intoxicating liquor
IS prohibited?

Section 4.2 doens't actually ban having intoxicating liquor per se:

4.2 "Where reasonable notice is, or has been given prohibiting
intoxicating liquor on any train service, no person shall have any
intoxicating liquor with him on it, or attempt to enter such train
with intoxicating liquor with him. "

As part of the Straford Concourse works we put in new lifts to the high
level platforms. I was amazed to discover that you could actually buy
beer at the refreshment place on the platform. Yes, I know that the
high level bit is not run by LUL but it is served by the Central Line.
We used part of the beer cellar to put the lift in and the access to it
is through the lift when its at the bottom position.

So now you know where those doors lead to.

John Haines.