Old November 13th 15, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Bank Station, and orbital railways

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:09:14 +0000, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

On 13/11/2015 02:36, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
11:24:19 on Thu, 12 Nov 2015,
remarked:

Where does the DLR over-run siding at Bank go?

http://husk.org/www.geocities.com/at...069/ltmonu.jpg

According to that it appears to turn a sharp right corner. Really?

Yes, I was intrigued by that. I wonder if it's some sort of maintenance or
support room, rather than a tracked tunnel?

If you stand on the platform at what will be the back of the train you
can see the inbound train come in and disappear off to the right up the
over-run siding before coming back again shortly later.

So it definitely does go that way off to a sharp right, but I have no
idea why - Bank of England vaults?

Ah, I must have a look. I suppose the BoE vaults are just one of
several obstacles in that crowded bit of subsoil.