Old November 13th 15, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Bank Station, and orbital railways

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:03:47 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:59:15 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:43:35 on Fri, 13 Nov
2015,
d remarked:
Or , extend the DLR from Bank north. Its pretty deep and the DLR trains
don't mind steep gradients so diving under crossrail wouldn't be an issue.
It would give people a 2nd option to get the DLR which since the stairs
from the northern line down to the DLR are almost impassable in the
mornings could only be a good thing.

Where does the DLR over-run siding at Bank go?

Don't know, not far I don't think. But the DLR platforms at Bank are aligned
with the northern line so I assume that means they're already aligned
north-south.

Lots of stuff about Bank station he

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2...ade-part-2-of-
2-the-proposals/

Sounds like what they did at Angel 15 years or so ago. Makes sense. 700m
is a long bit of new tunnel though.

On the subject of the DLR I've noticed they never check for people left in
the train when it moves out of Bank plus the cleaners tend to ride on it too
so it wouldn't be impossible for someone to ride up front to the end of
the overrun and take a picture of whats there. And no , I'm not volunteering!

Have you noticed if the PSA stays on board during the shunt?