Old November 15th 15, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Inclined lift at Greenford Station replaces the last wooden escalator

On Sunday, 15 November 2015 02:01:27 UTC, Ken Ward wrote:
On 14/11/2015 09:03, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxScXvX1Dv4

I'm a little surprised that they claim it uses less power than a
conventional lift. If you have to raise a given mass through a
given vertical distance, shouldn't the answer be the same?

Some form of energy recovery on down cycle maybe?

I see no reason why it shouldn't freewheel on the down journey, as long as there were strong enough buffers at the bottom. It is not FAR, is it?