Old November 15th 15, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Inclined lift at Greenford Station replaces the last wooden escalator

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 01:34:26 -0800 (PST), Offramp
wrote:

On Sunday, 15 November 2015 02:01:27 UTC, Ken Ward wrote:
On 14/11/2015 09:03, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxScXvX1Dv4

I'm a little surprised that they claim it uses less power than a
conventional lift. If you have to raise a given mass through a
given vertical distance, shouldn't the answer be the same?

Some form of energy recovery on down cycle maybe?

I see no reason why it shouldn't freewheel on the down journey, as long as there were strong enough buffers at the bottom. It is not FAR, is it?

What makes you think it *could* freewheel down? In most cases, the
lift+payload will be lighter than the counter-weight.