Old November 15th 15, 11:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Inclined lift at Greenford Station replaces the last wooden escalator

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 14:59:01 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2015\11\14 09:09, Recliner wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxScXvX1Dv4

I'm a little surprised that they claim it uses less power than a
conventional lift. If you have to raise a given mass through a
given vertical distance, shouldn't the answer be the same?

Yes, I agree about the *energy* consumption. But perhaps it gets away with
a less powerful motor, as it's slower than a normal lift. I assume it has
a counterbalance like a normal lift? I'll see if I can tell when I go to
see it on Monday. Of course, the balance weight may be hidden, as it is
with many normal lifts.

It is yellow and clearly visible in the video above at 1:21.

Here's a detailed picture of it, taken from the adjacent staircase:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...6915/lightbox/