Old November 18th 15, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Access to Freedom of Information is under threat

John Ray wrote:
Is freedom of information so unimportant to you? What if, for example,
through inaction, we find that sites like realtime trains are unable
to operate in future? Unlikely, I hope, but perhaps not impossible.

That's Open Data, which is different from FOI. Open Data is about
authorities publishing datasets that they choose to release. FOI is about
the public's to ask (potentially awkward) questions.

Theo