Old November 19th 15, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default East London Line poorly patronised now

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 06:18:09 -0600
wrote:
In article ,
d () wrote:
Even so, there's still no excuse for the **** poor service speeds. I've
been in a 378 when the driver was obviously running late and they can get
up and go when they need to. The trains arn't at fault - the drivers are.
Also quite why the drivers feel they need to creep into every station at
10mph beats me quite frankly. The ELL needs ATO and fast.

Are you suggesting the drivers set the timetables? That's what they have to
drive the trains to. So perhaps you are pointing the finger in the wrong
direction?

I imagine there's a certain amount of leaway built into the timetable to
allow for the idiotic decision to link it into the southern network with all
the vaguaries of the trains there. And I get the feeling the drivers use that
leaway to the max. They really do drive dog slow a lot of the time. It really
should have been kept as a self contained tube line with a once every 2 min
service from highbury to new cross(gate) with better interchange facilities
at the 2 southern stations.

--
Spud