Old May 6th 04, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Henry Henry is offline

Default Oyster outside London?

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 May 2004 11:30:51 +0100, "Henry" wrote:

I was on a local Metrobus in Crawley the other day and saw a notice
referring to the use of Oyster cards.

Is this scheme being extended outside London, or is it just Metrobus
equipping the whole fleet regardless of location?

I can't remember where Metrobus garage their vehicles, but it's possible
that the vehicle you were on makes occasional forays into the Travelcard
area on TfL services.

Most of those in Crawley are garaged in Crawley, but I suppose it might have
been one borrowed from Orpington - I hadn't thought of that.