Old May 6th 04, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
SJCWHUK SJCWHUK is offline

Default Receipt for recharging Oyster Pre Pay?

Yes tube travel is zero rated however it is still a legitimate business
expense and therefore claimable, you just cant claim VAT where none has been
paid.

You obtain a receipt from the large ticket machines (if you use this for
top-up) do not just expect a credit card voucher.

If you only travel to London on business then this should be enough to
satisfy your company and the Inland Revenue when they come to go through
expense claims.

If there is any question over what trips you have made which are
business/personal remember the ticket office can give you a printout of the
last eight journeys on your card.

Steve

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
m...
Jim Crowther wrote in message

In message , Paul Robertson
writes:

I travel to London a lot on business, and this usually involves
standing in line for ages at the ticket machines at Heathrow T123 Tube
in the morning peak, while new arrivals get to grips with the system.

I've been thinking of getting myself an Oystercard with Pre Pay only,
then I can just go straight to the gates, touch in and recharge my
credit later in the day in central London when things are quieter.

I was wondering: if I buy a normal Tube ticket from the touchscreen
machines, I can demand a receipt which I submit as part of my travel
expenses claims; but if I recharge an Oystercard at one of these
machines, can I ask for a receipt to be printed showing the amount
added?

And is it a VAT receipt for those who might need one?

BG question.

Here's an example receipt from a Card-Only Machine:

SALE RECEIPT
PLEASE RETAIN

LONDON UNDERGROUND
SALE: ##.##
card type
#### ########
AUTH ####
EXP: ##/##
SEQ ### ## TID: ########
SMARTCARD D:#### MACH:##
station name
## ITEM date time

And an example ticket receipt from one of the big Cash Machines:

NOT FOR TRAVEL SALE: ##.##
ITEM ## date time

Are any of those abbreviations useful for reclaiming VAT?

Brad