Old November 24th 15, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Crossrail Rolling Stock

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 18:09:11 +0100
On 2015-11-24,
d wrote:
So one platformn is being removed from LS just after the Overground has
started running into it. I'm sure this will end well. *cough*

No, the existing Shenfield trains use 16,17,18. When Crossrail opens
they will go through the centre (i.e. the new Liverpool Street Crossrail
platforms) except for some in the peak that will go into the existing
Liverpool Street using platforms 16 and 17 - 18 will have been lost to
make 16 and 17 long enough.

Yes, so a platform has been lost. And this is when TfL will at some point
want to increase the frequency of the Overground running to LS.

A platform which Overground trains could not get to without destroying
the capacity of the station throat.

I think he was suggesting that the tracks into the platforms all be
budged over one, rather than that trains from the westernmost track use
the easternmost platform. I have no idea how easy it would be to do that.