Old November 26th 15, 08:57 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
e27002 aurora e27002 aurora is offline

Default London's Great Northern Hotel

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 22:39:42 +0000, Beer O'Clock
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 17:03:16 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 22/11/2015 16:35, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 22/11/2015 16:07, Recliner wrote:
furnessvale wrote:
On Sunday, 22 November 2015 09:48:01 UTC, e27002 wrote:
So, SNIP

Sorry to nitpick but one of my pet hates is people who begin a sentence (in
speech) with "So".

Is it now entering the written language and has it got any grammatical or
linguistic justification?

Sorry again, I'll go back under my bridge!

So do you think our mid-Atlantic friend will be upset that all the
than praise for his in-depth hotel review?

Adrian did rather ask for it by being pre-emptively rude about language
preferences at the end of his piece :-)

Having said that it was an interesting description. He did make a good
point about having adequate power sockets in usable positions,
especially when it comes to people who need some sort of medical
technology, something the average trip advisor review tends to overlook.

Yes, that was a good point. One thing he didn't mention was whether it has
multi-standard electric sockets, useful for a hotel right next to an
international station. Some modern international hotels have sockets that
will take UK, US and Continental plugs.

IIRC he specifically mentioned 13 amp.

He did, but I wondered if they might have been multi-standard, though I
suppose he might have mentioned that he could plug his US stuff in if they
were.

Would UK building regs allow that?

The GNH has the usual 110v outlet in the bathroom. Other than that
the usual, excellent UK electrical outlets.

These days laptops, etc. are not an issue. Their power units accept a
wide range of voltages.