Old May 6th 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Time for Zero Tolerance?

In article ,
(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North) wrote:

"SJCWHUK" wrote in message
With some people ignoring the 'let the passengers off the train
first' rule
and even smoking on stations and platforms, is it time for zero
tolerance?

Is it time to expect London Underground to uphold the Byelaws?

Steve

When London Underground provides a clean, pleasant, fast, reliable
service for its paying customers we'll let the people off the train
first.

And whilist I can appericate and encourage non-smoking underground. I
fail to see the point of not letting people smoke in open air
stations. Im sure there is a reasonable reason why this is banned?
Surely any underground or enclosed station should be non-smoking.
While open air station it'll be allowed. Im sure the station
assistants at Harrow On The Hill station who won't even go an approach
smokers on the open platforms in the evenning would agree with it.

It's much simpler to have a complete no smoking ban - no smoking anywhere
on the Underground - rather than "you can do it here but not there". That
way there should be no confusion in people's minds. It also saves the
potential problems of "you can smoke on an open air platform, but not
within the station building" scenarios.

Roger