Old November 26th 15, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default London's Great Northern Hotel

e27002 aurora wrote:
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 08:12:34 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 18:03:11 on
Sun, 22 Nov 2015, e27002 aurora remarked:
There can't be many people who feel inclined to comment on the
excellence or otherwise of a hotel room's plumbing

Or its supply of hot water. I've only stayed at two hotels (out of
several hundreds) which ran out of hot water.

The first was in Maidenhead in around 1980 and had suffered a one-off
major outage of some kind. The other was Sharm-el-Sheikh in 2009 where
no-one appeared to be that surprised that the system had broken down yet
again.

Given how well travelled you are, Roland, one is surprised you have
not noticed the quality of the mains pressure water systems found in
those United States. One of the things that attracted me to my unit
here on the south coast was the absence of the usual low pressure UK
plumbing. My shower here works as well as my shower in Tucson. That
is hardly the norm for the UK.

Yes, there are many hotel showers which don't deliver their hot water at
high pressure, but that doesn't bother me.

Cleanliness is next to G_dliness. I like a real, hi-volume,
hi-pressure, hot water shower. :-)

Is godliness now a swear word? I'd missed that.