Old November 26th 15, 02:21 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default London's Great Northern Hotel

In message , at 14:22:44 on Thu, 26 Nov
2015, d remarked:
You can see some of the pipes at the eastern end of the railway station,
and others were re-routed a little south of the station as part of the
tramway extension works.

IIRC this system utilizes the Great Central tunnels under Nottingham.
Great as the heating system is, I would much rather have the trains,
-)

Its a mystery to me why they didn't route a branch of the tram line through it.
They head straight for it then veer off at the last moment. The tunnels northern
portal is at the victoria centre where they could have had a stop and then
headed off up the A60.

On one hand that route misses out the main square, Nottingham Trent
University etc; on the other hand they'd have ended up with a tramline
bisecting two underground car parks and quite probably a lot of
expensive tunnel repairs to do.