Old November 27th 15, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Crossrail 2 crayonista attack

On 2015\11\27 18:10, Robin9 wrote:
'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote:
;152066']Some more crayonista stuff.

The line planned from the new Stoke Newington junction to New
Southgate... instead of
(Seven Sisters, Wood Green) or
(Seven Sisters, Turnpike Lane, Alexandra Palace) how about
(Harringay Green Lanes, Crouch End Broadway, Muswell Hill Broadway)
instead. In distance terms it would be marginally longer, but it serves

a lot more places that are very poorly served at the moment. If
interchange with the Seven Sisters Overground is essential, add a pair
of platforms at Stoke Newington immediately south of the junction.

It would miss out on interchange with the Picc and Vic, but I don't see

that as a major problem because the line largely replicates the Vic
anyway. Alternatively, run it from Dalston via (Finsbury Park, Crouch
Hill, Crouch End Broadway, Muswell Hill Broadway) and possibly give the

Seven Sisters Overground line a Stoke Newington interchange with the
Tottenham Hale Crossrail branch. But that would all be dearer, I think.

If you're taking your line to Muswell Hill - splendid idea,
by the way - you might as well take it further to New
Southgate and Arnos Grove, this providing links to two
other lines.

Thanks for being the only person to reply... fantasy railways used to be
very popular in this group... not so much now, it would seem. Mostly
that's a good thing, but Crossrail 2 is something we might really change.

I wasn't very clear, but I was taking it as given that New Southgate
would be the terminus and depot regardless of route chosen.

I'm thinking of emailing the Hornsey MP. I prefer the Finsbury Park
option but I think it's a lot dearer, and I'm reluctant to advocate
increased cost because then it does become fantasy railway. But I'm not
sure if Muswell Hill / Crouch End residents would want a railway...
before you know it you'd have St Georges flags hanging from windows and
white vans covered in Ukip stickers.