Old November 29th 15, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail Rolling Stock

In message , Eric
wrote:
Aren't 9 and 10 the only ones that can take the Norwich trains?

No. All are long enough except 16,17,18.

[Someone may have said this before, but I haven't seen it.]

Before the complete rebuild, 9 and 10 were significantly longer than the
rest. Then were the east side (11 to 18) which I think stayed the same
length when rebuilt, while the west side (1 to 8) were a lot shorter
(something like 6 or 8 chains).

In terms of track layout
(getting to and from the fast lines), all of 5-14 seem to be possible,
and I have seen all of 8-12 myself over the years.

The Suburbans connect to 1 to 10.

The Mains connect to 5 to 14.

The Electrics connect to 13 to 18, though Bishopgate Jn means that a
train on the Up Electric can switch to the Up Main.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org