Old November 29th 15, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail Rolling Stock

In article , (Clive D.
W. Feather) wrote:

In message , Eric
wrote:
Aren't 9 and 10 the only ones that can take the Norwich trains?

No. All are long enough except 16,17,18.

[Someone may have said this before, but I haven't seen it.]

Before the complete rebuild, 9 and 10 were significantly longer than
the rest. Then were the east side (11 to 18) which I think stayed the
same length when rebuilt, while the west side (1 to 8) were a lot
shorter (something like 6 or 8 chains).

Wasn't the throat moved east and the west side platforms extended at the
country end?

In terms of track layout
(getting to and from the fast lines), all of 5-14 seem to be possible,
and I have seen all of 8-12 myself over the years.

The Suburbans connect to 1 to 10.

The Mains connect to 5 to 14.

The Electrics connect to 13 to 18, though Bishopgate Jn means that a
train on the Up Electric can switch to the Up Main.

Thanks for the details, complete as ever, Clive.

--
Colin Rosenstiel